Dakak Park and Beach Resort is the closes place to paradise one could ever experience, with it's beauty and serenity. Dakak started operation on 1988, was conveniently positioned in the southern part of the philippines and surrounded by mountains in its west. Situated at Taguilon, Dapitan City, Zamboanga Del Norte, Dakak tactfully eludes the typhoon belt, making it an ideal all-season destination for travelers. Dakak is the first five-star resort in Mindanao with an "AAA" accreditation from the Department of Tourism, located along a private 750 meter white sand and beach. From the original 2 (two) cottages, it has expanded into 64 cottages with 128 fully-furnished rooms in native duplex type bungalows of bamboo and nipa leaves with capiz shell window panels; and three (3) Family Pavillion with 30 family rooms and one (1) Presidential Suite. Through the years, Dakak recieved various recognition locally and internationally among whoch are the Kalakbay Award for Resort on 1989 from the Philippine Deaprtment of Touris; 16 International Award for Tourist; Hotel and Catering Industry on 1991 from the Trade Leaders Club and Editorial Office Madrid, Spain; a certificate of excellence by the Prestigious Resorts of the World on 1992; and has participated in the Dream Incentive Contest theme for the Philippines that has won the "Best Showcase 1997" in the Incentive Travel and Conventions, Meetings Asia (IT&CMA) last December 1997. Dakak Park and Beach Resort continously strive to carry out it's mission - "an abundance of recreational activities and entertainment, warm filipino hospitality and environmental friendly ambiance."
Dakak's accommodation consists of 158 fully furnished rooms built in native duplex bungalows made of bamboo and with capiz shell window panes and family pavilion rooms. There 64 Bungalows with 100 Deluxe Rooms; 16 Prime Deluxe Rooms; 12 Beachfront roomsl there Family Pavilion with 30 rooms and one Presidential Suite.
DINING AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Bamboo Cafe, al fresco coffe shop serving ala carte and buffet meals 24 hours
- Cockpit Bar, open 24 hours
- Pirates Disco Bar with in-house band and Ballroom Dancing
- Tai Restaurant, serving Chinese Cuisine and Buffet Meals
- Fishpond Seafood Restaurant, serving the freshet seafood cuisine
- Karaoke Beer House, with billiards and bowling alley
- Cultural shows staging five times a week.
- Island Tour: Experience Island Hopping at Aliguay or Silinog and enjoying the natures gift with the sight of Dolphins, aschool of fish and colorful corals
- Fishpond Tour: Have your lunch served at Kinilaw ug Inihaw sa Fishpond Restaurant - a fish farm 10 minutes away from the resort, passing through the Antipolo-San Pedro rivers - serving seafood delights such as prawns, crabs, milkfish and oysters.
- Historical Tour: A visit to Dapitan City will not be complete if one cannot stopover at the famous Rizal Shrine where Rizal stayed as an exile. Take a tour at the city's well-known Spanish Houses, a century old cathedral and at the Punto del Desembarco de Rizal where Rizal landed.
- Cove Hopping: Visit neighboring beaches, explore a fisherman;s village, discover the bat cave and indulge in a swimming spree in the sea.
- Sunset cruise: Enjoy the beautiful sunset while cruising with the outrigger-boat.
- Cockfight Tour (Tuesday,Saturdays and Sundays only): Place your bet and try your luck in the favorite pastime of the Filipinos which started three centuries ago
- Night Tour: Visit Gloria de Dapitan and Gloria's Fantasyland for some amusements and bars.